Sunday, November 10, 2013

Remembering to be Thankful... :)

Tomorrow (11/11) is Remembrance Day in my native country, Canada. As a teacher at an international school, I strive for my students to be globally-minded learners. It is also my duty as a representative and employee of MIS and the international teaching community, that I embody being globally-minded myself. I should be open-minded and responsible to learn and experience the traditions and cultures of my colleagues, my students and the world around me. While in Canada, tomorrow is a holiday to commemorate those who lost their lives fighting for Canada's freedom in various battles/wars, it's also a time to be thankful for what we have. Thank you to all the troops who fought and are still fighting to make the world a better place.

As we as individuals embody a variety of cultures, beliefs and diverse backgrounds, we all have one thing to be grateful for - the gift of living another day. Be it a rainy, cold Sunday or a difficult Monday full of challenges (and maybe even snow!), it's another day; it's another gift that we're lucky to have. So, as we celebrate Remembrance Day however we will and wherever we are, I hope that you make the most of your day, this gift, and that you take a minute to be grateful for all that you have; sometimes it's easy to forget! If you have 10 minutes, this is an uplifting video that will help you do just that:

No comments: