Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sports Days Success! :)

All of our Sports Days at MIS are wrapped up for the year with great success! Yay!

I was in charge of organizing the EC Sports Day this year (along with our capable assistant Mr. Sprinks) which involved planning and setting up activities for four classes of kids between the ages of 4 and 6 - my niche!

I had some great ideas from a great PE mate at Frankfurt International School to add some variety to the repertoire of activities from last year and I had a crew of two Grade 10 students and a Grade 7 class to help us out with the running of things! Last year, I had mixed the students up into different teams but this year, I just split the classes evenly into two different teams and gave each of the groups animal names and name tags, as opposed to colours which is how the other grade levels are segregated. I created instruction sheets with diagrams of the activities for the Grade 7s to lead the stations and I also chose eight students to lead the groups by carrying the animal sign/flag and helping the groups to rotate between stations. Another great part of the day is the parental involvement in organizing fruit for the students at a rest station - what would we do without their help?

The weather was touch and go with raindrops even minutes before the event started, but I was glad I made the call to have it outside anyways...and I'm sure the students were too! They all had a lot of fun and they and their parents left with smiles on their faces! :)

Check out the little video I made to show the ECers at assembly:


And below you can see the PE Newsletter I created with a collage of photos from the different Sports Days up to Grade 4! Enjoy and hope the summer weather has found you, wherever you are! :)